Spring, Seasonal, & Genre Narrative Writing Units For The Year
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (11)
showing 1-5 of 11 products
Help your reluctant writers with this engaging Spring and other Seasonal Narrative Writing Prompts resource. This year-long bundle includes 11 unique narrative writing centers to help your students practice writing and saves you 50%!
These narrative writing centers include writing prompts for Christmas and Hanukkah, Winter, Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick's Day, Spring, School Theme, Fall, Thanksgiving, Scary Stories, Fables, and Fairy Tales.
Motivate even your most challenged writers with the numerous narrative writing prompts and narrative writing graphic organizers provided. Your students can easily follow along because the narrative writing centers follow the same format and include the tools and narrative writing graphic organizers necessary to plan and write marvelous stories. I have successfully used these narrative writing prompts with primary and intermediate students.
Seasonal Narrative Writing Prompts include:
- Write a School Day Story
- Write a Fall Story (digital and print)
- Write a Scary Story (digital and print)
- Write a Thanksgiving Story (digital and print)
- Write a Merry Story - Christmas and Hanukkah versions (digital and print)
- Write a Winter Story (digital and print)
- Write a St. Valentine's Day Story (digital and print)
- Write a St. Patrick's Day Story (digital and print)
- Write a Spring Story (digital and print)
- Write a Fable
- Write a Fairy Tale
Kids often struggle with writing because they are told to “start writing.” The narrative writing graphic organizers included with these narrative writing prompts provide support for your students to help them gain confidence and fluency in their writing. Your students will think about their stories and plan them before they write. Plus, the narrative writing checklists ensure they have all the elements in their story before submitting the final product.
Each of the Narrative Writing Centers includes:
- Instructional PowerPoint slide show
- Writing rubric
- A poster about the elements of each type of the story
- Setting, Character, Problem, and Items Cards
- Charts for Transitions and Sensory Words
- Word Lists
- Graphic Organizers for Story Elements, Characters, Setting, Story Summary, and Sensory Words
- Checklist for the story
- Themed/Seasonal designed papers to write stories on
This resource is perfect for narrative writing centers or whole-class teaching. You will love these narrative writing prompts because your students will write various stories. No two will sound the same! Your students select the setting, problem/plot, and characters for their story, then write their own unique narrative, which makes sharing their final work exciting and fun!
See What Other Teachers Are Saying…
- This has been a wonderful source for my class. They are able to give life to their stories while having a format they can easily follow in becoming a better writer. The visual aids have helped my students give the descriptions needed for bringing their story to life and each student can write a different story.
- BEST WRITING RESOURCE!!! I can't even put into words how much I love these writing packages. My grade twos used the Halloween one (and will be using the Christmas one soon) and they LOVED it! Being able to choose pictures for the different parts of a story was the perfect visual. Helped all the writers in the class no matter their skill level. They were super excited to choose from their options and it helped spark some incredible ideas! Their scary story was their best piece of writing yet. Perfectly organized, great visuals, and everything you need (from story maps to writing paper). This set has it all...and at an incredible price. By far the best product I have found on TPT!
- My students LOVE this! Their stories have been upper level due to the visual support and interactivity of it. They stay engaged with it, and I never have to tell them to write the whole time.
Need more engaging writing resources for your classroom? Check these out!:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Click it, and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment on the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom to create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright © Keep ‘em Thinking!, Susan Morrow. This product is intended for classroom and personal use ONLY and may be used only by the original downloader. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. You may not distribute or display this product digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Keep 'em Thinking!
Connect with Me: