Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students can regulate their emotions and refocus with this Spring themed calm down activity kit. Any student can use this kit when they need to calm down from anger, anxiety, or overwhelming feelings. By teaching students self regulation, you will cut down on the time you spend redirecting misbehavior. The calming kit includes a mood meter for assessing current emotional levels. After using the counseling activities in the kit, students assess their mood again to decide if they are ready to return to the group.
*** How to Create a Calm Down Corner with this Kit ***
Attach cover page to the front of a binder.
Place the colorful pages in sheet protectors and place them in a spiral binder. Students will be able to write on them over and over again.
Place the binder in a basket or box.
Add other fidgets and sensory items in the box.
Create a corner of the room with a comfy chair for using the box.
Use the enclosed poster to designate your calming area.
I would also suggest including a sand timer or other method of tracking time.
*** Who would benefit from this kit? ***
Can be used by school counselors, classroom teachers, special education teachers, school psychologists, social workers, or any other educator who helps children with emotional regulation.
*** Includes ***
• Poster “Calm Down Corner” Horizontal
• Instruction Page “Calm Down Corner”
• Suggestions for “Other Calming Tools”
• Mood Meter (use before and after your mindful break.)
• Calming Checklist
• 5 Calming Mazes plus answer keys(includes 2 easy and 3 more challenging versions )
• ”Things I can and cannot control” Page
• Rainbow "Guided Breathing" Page
• 40 ”Calming Cards” to put on a Key Ring or place in a small box. (with 16 easy/average versions plus 24 more challenging cards)
• Write my Feelings on the Bunny
• Write my Feelings on the Bunny (more challenging version)
• Grounding Poster
• Write my Feelings Lined Journal Page
• Mindful coloring bookmarks 3 pages with 5 per page
• Grounding Mindful Activity Sheet
• Mindful Quotes coloring pages – 3 pages/designs
- 7 Pennants for a wall display
More Calm Down Corners
• Take a Break Station - Monsters
Want daily mindfulness and growth mindset for your students?