This activity is a fun way to work on following directions. It targets the following concepts: before/after, first/then, first/second/third, not, between, either/or, don't/unless, and at the same time.
To play the game, give each student a spring mat and one set of animals. Choose the set of directions you would like to use with your group (or mix the directions to target different concepts). Place the cards face down in the middle of the table. Have the students take turns choosing a card from the pile. The student should place the animals on the spring mat in the correct order. If the student chooses a flower, they should place it on their mat. The first student to collect all 5 different flowers wins the game.
This product contains:
- 40 before/after direction cards using two items
- 40 before/after direction cards using three items
- 30 first/then direction cards using two items
- 30 first/then direction cards using three items
- 30 first/second/third direction cards
- 30 ‘not’ direction cards using two items
- 30 ‘not’ direction cards using three items
- 30 ‘between’ direction cards
- 30 either/or direction cards
- 30 don’t/unless direction cards
- 30 ‘at the same time’ direction cards
All direction cards are color coded for easy sorting
Key Words: Speech Therapy, Special Education, Speech Language Pathologist, SLP, ADHD, Auditory Processing, CELF, Following Directions, Inclusion/Exclusion Directions, Location Directions, Sequencing Directions, Temporal Directions, Spring, Easter