These materials were created to supplement a unit on teaching time. Three different activities are included, with many options for differentiation by content and process. Included in this pack are the following materials:
Spring Time- Students draw a clock card and write the time on a recording sheet. Four different versions of this game are included:
• telling time to the hour
• telling time to the half hour
• telling time to the five minutes
• telling time to the minute
Tending to Time- Students match the clock card to the word card describing the time (quarter to, quarter after, half past, etc.). Several different versions of the recording sheet are included.
• The first version has blank clocks. Students record the clock hands and the words.
• On the second version, students record the words only.
• On the third version, the students only draw the matching clock hands.
All About Time- Students sort scenario cards under the headers of a.m. or p.m. to determine when the event occurs. Two versions of this activity are included:
• Students sort picture cards with short phrases describing the event and time. The recording sheet is a cut and paste activity that matches the pictures on the scenario cards.
• Students sort sentences in short paragraph form that describe the event and time. A clock is included on each card. There are two versions of the recording sheet for this activity. On the first version, students only record the “a.m.” or “p.m.” On the second version, the students write the “a.m.” and the “p.m.” and the time on the card.
Please note, the scenarios in both activities are the same, only the presentation is different.
I hope this provides additional, easy-to-use resources for your class!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License