This package includes 21 unique and creative Spring themed writing centers. Each writing center includes a poster to hang in the classroom or leave at the center, and all of the writing paper, graphic organizers, directions and checklists you will need. These writing centers would fit nicely into any Daily 5 or center/station routine.
This package includes:
St. Patrick’s Day:
1. Write a St. Patrick’s Day Poem (Includes acrostic poem worksheet)
2. Write down everything you know about St. Patrick’s Day partner activity.
3. What I know about Leprechauns mind map
4. Make a post card for Ireland (Includes: post card template)
5. Make a St. Patrick’s Day recipe (includes: recipe template)
6. Make an Easter card (Includes: card template)
7. Compare and contrast the Easter bunny with Santa (includes a Venn diagram template).
8. Write a story with the help of picture cards. (Includes: directions and 18 picture cards).
9. Invent a new toy for Easter (Includes: directions, a planning page, an illustration page, and writing paper).
10. Label and draw an Easter picture.
11. Write a story about Groundhog Day. (Includes: 6 story starter cards and writing paper).
12. Draw and label a picture of the groundhog’s home.
13. Write a Groundhog Day comic strip. (Includes: 2 comic strip templates)
14. Write a Spring poem (Includes: acrostic poem template, haiku template, and alliteration interactive notebook cut out template).
15. The ABC’s of Spring writing exercise
16. What do you know about Spring? Partner exercise.
17. Create a Spring riddle. (Includes: riddle template)
18. Create a Spring action scene using speech bubbles.
19. Write a Spring descriptive writing paragraph. (Includes: planning page and writing paper).
20. My favorite thing about Spring is…
21. Extra writing paper
22. Editing checklist.