This resource is part of a spring bundle. Check it out by clicking below:
Spring Literacy Bundle - Writing and Word Work (3 Resources)
This resource has everything you need to encourage your students to write this spring – an entire unit! Almost no prep is required. Students have opportunities to write in five different genres.
Writing Activities are included for:
1. Acrostic Poetry – Spring, March and April
2. Instructional – 2 different templates are provided for each writing activity: “How to Plant a Seed” (While you’re at it, why not plant some seeds to make the writing even more meaningful?) and “How to Fish”
3. Persuasive – “Convince Me!” Get your kids to persuade the Easter Bunny that they will be the best candy tasters, or persuade an adult to build a swing. An extra template is provided for your own ideas or your students’ ideas. 16 persuasive writing cards are also provided. Great for centers or use with the entire class to create a full unit in persuasive writing!
4. Descriptive - 2 templates are provided to describe a spring day using the five senses or play “I Spy” to describe a spring object in writing. Fun for everyone!
5. Recount – 2 different templates allowing students to write about a spring day, or send a postcard to a friend recounting a special spring event. You might even be inspired to set up a post office in your classroom.
Some of my other products you might be interested in:
Anti-Bullying Activities - Poetry, Book Patterns, Social Story, Pledge, Posters
Activities to Celebrate the Awesomeness in Your Class - Literacy, Math, Centers
Easter Math and Literacy Activities (Includes Word Families and Rubric)
Spring Writing: Persuasive, Instructional, Descriptive, Recount & Poetry
Spring Writing Prompts with Self-Check Rubric
Word Family Activities: CVC Pattern, ELA Supplement, Individual, Partner, Groups
Getting To Know You Task Cards: teacher friendly, 52 fun quick answer questions
Kindness Matters: Art, Games, Poetry, Writing, Word Work, Posters
St. Patrick's Day Fun - No Prep!
Earth Day Activities: Grades K-2 (Low Teacher Prep, Printables)