Bring on the warmer weather with these fun writing prompts. Whether it's already warm outside or you're just hoping for it these prompts are a great way to teach narrative, expository, poetry, and creative writing.
Make a spring bulletin board or a class book with these prompts. Best suited for K-2nd grade because of the amount of space provided to write. Click here for the same prompts for 3rd-5th graders.
Use at a writing center, as morning work, for early finishers, high achievers, or for emergency sub plans. Give students an option of which prompts to complete, or have them work through the all of the prompts over 5 to 6 weeks.
One extra page with only lines is included to allow more space to write. Print on the back of any other prompt or as a separate sheet for students who need more room, or to allow students to elaborate.
Click here to buy the year long bundle and save 25% - 235 prompts included!
27 prompts included:
- I cannot wait 'til spring because... (2 versions)
- When it's warm outside I like to... (3 versions)
- My favorite spring activity is... (3 versions)
- I like to go swimming because... (2 versions)
- My favorite spring snack is...
- One time I caught a butterfly and it said... (2 versions)
- I know it's spring when... (2 versions- one where students can draw a picture)
- My family's spring traditions include... (2 versions)
- If I could invent a new plant to grow in my garden it would be... (2 versions)
- Write a story about what would happen if you woke up one morning as a flower.
- If I were a bee I would...
- If I were a butterfly I would...
- If I were a dragonfly I would...
- If I were a little bug I would...
- If I were a wiggly worm I would...
- If I were a snail I would...
- When it's rainy out I like to... (3 versions)
- My favorite spring animals are... (3 versions)
- Every spring my family (draw a picture)
- Write a story about a tree house and a group of friends.
- Write a story about life in a pond.
- Write a story about a family's picnic in the park.
- Let's go fly a kite. (3 versions)
- Write a poem about flowers.
- Write a poem about spring chicks.
- Write a poem about little critters.
- The Top 5 Reasons I LOVE Spring.
Check out my other spring products:
Spring Math Practice (3rd grade)
What time is it? Springtime!
St. Patrick's Day Math Activities
Easter Math Activities
Earth Day Math Activities
Have a happy spring!