Spring Writing for Kindergarten is the perfect packet to engage your students in a variety of spring season writing activities and a bunny craft for your spring bulletin board. Motivate your kinders to write about the spring season, Easter, plants, butterflies, chicks, rabbits, spring weather, spring sports, and more with these fun printables for your writing workshop block or a thematic writing center.
The packet includes:
• I can learn about SPRING. – draw, write, and share about the spring season.
• What can you write about a bunny? – draw and write about a bunny.
• A butterfly has . . . Writing – complete the sentence frame to write about a butterfly. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
• A bird can . . . Writing – complete the sentence frame to write about something a bird can do. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
• A flower is . . . Writing – complete the sentence frame to write about a flower. Draw a picture to illustrate the writing.
• It is spring! – write a list of things you can do during the spring season.
• Let’s go fly a kite! – complete the sentence frame to write about flying a kite.
• What I See in Spring – draw and label four things you see during spring.
• Spring – finish a spring picture and write about it.
• Spring Colors – finish each “I see” sentence frame. Trace the color words.
• I can write SPRING words. – trace the spring words. Color the pictures.
• Spring is fun! – draw a picture of a fun spring activity. Trace and finish an ”I like to . . .” sentence.
• Spring Weather – draw a picture and trace and complete a sentence frame about spring weather.
• What I Wear in Spring – draw and label four things you wear during the spring season.
• Spring Book Report – write about a favorite part of a spring book.
• Retell a Spring Story – draw and label a sequence of three events in a spring story.
• A Spring Story – draw and label the main character (who), setting (where), and an event (what) from a spring story.
• I read a SPRING animal book. – draw a picture to illustrate the story, and write a response to the question, “Did you like it?”
• A Very Buggy Spring! – draw a picture of a bug you see during spring. Complete an “I see . . .” sentence frame.
• I can read a butterfly book. – draw a picture of your favorite part of a book about butterflies and write about it.
• Finish the Butterfly – finish the picture of the butterfly. Complete the sentence starter, “The butterfly has . . . “.
• All About Bees – draw and label two facts about bees. Trace and complete the sentence frame, “Bees are . . . “.
• Draw a Picture of a Bee – draw a picture of a bee. Complete the “My bee
has . . .” sentence frame.
• Life Cycle of a Chicken – trace words in sentences and draw pictures to complete the booklet.
• I like chicks. – draw a picture of a chick. Trace the sentence starter and write about what you like about chicks.
• Chicken Facts – draw 3 facts about chickens. Complete the “Chickens are . . .” frame sentence.
• Rainy Day Fun! – draw and write about a fun rainy day activity.
• How to Dress for Rain booklet – trace words in sentences. Draw pictures to complete the booklet.
• What is the same and different about . . . ? – draw and label what is the same and different about spring and winter.
• Spring Sports – draw and write about a favorite spring sport.
• I Can Grow a Plant Booklet – trace the words in “I have . . .” sentences. Color the pictures.
• Grow a Flower – cut and glue three pictures in order to show the growth sequence of a tulip. Draw a picture and complete an “I can . . .” sentence.
• Tulip Writing Paper – open-ended writing paper.
• Easter Egg – color and write about the Easter egg. Complete the “The egg is" sentence frame.
• Bunny Writing Craft – bunny craft that can be used for a bulletin board display.
• Spring Writing Paper – spring themed writing paper to use for open-ended writing activities or at a writing center.
Includes graphics by Little Red’s Schoolhouse
and graphics &/or fonts copyright Dianne J. Hook. www.djinkers.com. License #: 12169230375.
See the Preview
for a detailed view of what's included in the packet.
→ This packet was updated March 2017. If you purchased it before this date, download it again to get the updated version.
For more seasonal kindergarten writing
Winter Writing for Kindergarten
Summer Writing for Kindergarten
Fall Writing for Kindergarten
Click on Follow Me
to follow my store for updates and new products. You can find it under my store name.
Thank you for visiting my store!
First Grade Schoolhouse