Let's learn about gardens and spring while we build our understanding of concepts, (above/below, more/less, empty/full), comparatives and superlatives, sorting and categories, wh and how many questions and more! Join Luke and Emma as they celebrate all aspects of spring, including gardening (vegetable, flower, fruit), insects, weather, life cycle of a plant, and seasons. This unit is designed for use by a Speech Pathologist, 4k teacher, early intervention teacher, Special Education teacher or parent for use in therapy or centers. Here are the skills/iep goals that are addressed; who, what and what doing questions, how many questions, pre-math and positional concepts, sorting, identifying similarities/differences, rhyme detection, pronouns he/she, auxiliaries, verbs, comparatives/superlatives,object functions, sequencing, vocabulary and language formulation. I've tried to include goals from all areas of language to address a wide variety of your needs. Laminate and cut to use in therapy or centers.
Eleven activities are included:
1. Above/below the ground sort: 4 pages,
2. Object functions: Emma and Luke help Mom choose tools and supplies, 2 pages,
3. Luke and Emma's garden sort: vegetable, flower, fruit. 3 pages,
4. Luke and Emma's spring rhyming game: 2 pages,
5. Kooky for comparing! Comparatives and superlatives, 2 pages,
6. Gone Buggy: Pre-math concepts, who and "how many" ?, 2 pages,
7. Pronoun practice: He/she/they is/are verbing, 3 pages,
8. Seasons sort: what do we see, do and dress like each season? 4 pages,
9. Life Cycle of a Plant: 2 pages (1 is a black and white worksheet),
10. Life Cycle of a Plant: Sequencing mat and pictures, color
11. Sequencing Book: planting a flower, 2 pages, black and white.
Your students will love the graphics and I hope you will love that it's minimal prep and the thought and detail that was put into this unit. Looking for other spring ideas? Check out my spring packet called:
Robins, nests and eggs!
Copyright 2014: Donna Miazga Revised 2-16
Be sure to check my preview pages for all the talented clip artists that contributed to this activity!! If you purchase this activity and leave feedback, you can earn credits towards purchases at any TPT store!!