- Looking for engaging spring and Easter activities that incorporate science, technology, engineering and/or math? These STEM / STEAM Challenges bring the joy back to your classroom with collaborative, hands-on, brain-busting work (disguised as fun)!The basic premise: Students work in partners or grou$9.98$19.90Save $9.92
- Egg-hanced is a STEM / STEAM lesson sure to engage and delight your students as a spring or Easter activity!The basic premise:This is a classic egg-drop challenge with optional modifications. Individually or in partners/groups, students will design and build a device to protect an egg from cracking$5.98$7.96Save $1.98
- Super-charge your STEM class with 52 high-engagement, critical thinking, problem-solving, NGSS-aligned challenges to take you through the entire year! Modifications are included to make these activities engaging and challenging for students in grades 2 - 8. (Two of the 52 challenges are included in$104.98$184.87Save $79.89
- Product Description
Egg-hanced is a STEM / STEAM lesson sure to engage and delight your students as a spring or Easter activity!
The basic premise:
This is a classic egg-drop challenge with optional modifications. Individually or in partners/groups, students will design and build a device to protect an egg from cracking when dropped from a predetermined height.
Note: This is the printable version. If you are in a 1:1 / paperless classroom, you will want to check out the digital option for use with GOOGLE SLIDES™ instead.
If you have questions about which version is right for you, please feel free to leave me a question using the product Q&A below.
NGSS aligned standards, Grades 2 – 8
- STEM Challenge How-to Video Links
- Materials and timing
- Criteria & Constraints (including modifications to increase difficulty for older students)
- Measuring results
- Post-design extension activities list
- Link to video walk through of this challenge
- Criteria & Constraints List (color and B&W; editable)
- Design Analysis Handouts (editable; 2-page regular spacing and 4-page expanded spacing for primary students included; color and B&W)
- Discussion Questions (editable; color and B&W)
- Process Flow Map
- Math Extension
- Egg writing templates
This is one of five challenges available for a 40% discount in the Easter STEM Design Challenge 5-in-1 bundle.
This resource is also available in the STEM CHALLENGE YEAR-ROUND MEGA-BUNDLE at an even greater discount!
Materials you’ll need to do the activity are easily modified.
Sample/suggested materials for each student or group:
– Eggs (1 – 3)
– Real or plastic (if you choose plastic, you’ll want to fill the eggs with beans, rice, or sand)
– Soft/protective materials
– Easter grass, cotton, tissue paper, floral foam, packing peanuts, etc.)
– Small cups or bowls (1)
– Craft sticks (5 – 10)
– Pipe cleaners (5 – 10)
– String/yarn (24 – 36 in.)
– Tape (12 – 24 in.)
– Rubber bands (5 – 10)
– Design analysis handouts (included)
– Plastic baggies (1 – 2)
– Paper bags (1 – 2)
– Coffee filters ( 2 – 4)
You might also like these resources:
⭐ Create-ure STEM Challenge
⭐ Earth Day STEM Challenge: New Earth City
⭐ Summer / End of the Year STEM Challenge 5-in-1 Bundle
⭐ Back to School STEM Challenge 5-in-1 Bundle
⭐ St. Patrick's Day STEM Challenge Bundle
⭐ STEM Design Challenge: Build a Boat
⭐ STEM Challenge: Flower Frenzy
⭐ Photosynthesis: Modeling Activity and Guided Notes Lessons
⭐ Analyze and Interpret Data Unit
⭐ Easter STEM Challenge Bundle