Spring writing: This unit is also part of my Spring Savings Bundle of 3
Are you ready to say goodbye to winter? This writing activity is perfect to use in the first few weeks of spring. Students write spring verses saying goodbye to winter and hello to spring fun. The focus is on elaborating sentences with added detail. The completed writing, paired with a cute and simple spring birdie craft, makes a colorful bulletin board sure to brighten up your hallway or classroom.
The writing unit includes:
- Notes From the Classroom: 4 pages of detailed notes on how to make this project successful in your classroom
- Bulletin Board Photos: Pictures of a completed display
- Spring Words: list nouns, verbs and adjectives that have to do with spring
- Signs of Spring: 3 different sheets – an open ended sheet to add pictures or words, a scavenger hunt sheet with pictures to check off, and a 5 senses walk around sheet
- T-chart to compare winter and spring
- Sentence helper sheet
- 3 different spring writing papers (handwriting lines, regular lines an unlined)
- Visual directions to make the birdie craft
- Birdie tracers
Be sure to take a look at the preview to see what's included.
Looking for more spring activities?
Let’s Go Fishing ~ math and language arts activities
Rockin’ Robins – a nonfiction mini unit
Looking for more seasonal activities at a great price? Check out mySeasons Bundle by clicking HERE
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories