This writing activity is perfect to use in the first few weeks of spring. Students write spring verses saying goodbye to winter and hello to spring fun. The focus is on elaborating sentences with added detail. The completed writing, paired with a cute and simple spring birdie craft, makes a colorful bulletin board sure to brighten up your hallway or classroom.
The writing unit includes:
- Notes From the Classroom: 4 pages of detailed notes on how to make this project successful in your classroom
- Anchor Chart Pieces: Perfect for brainstorming!
- Brainstorming Sheets: 3 different choices
- Signs of Spring Walk Around: Take a spring walk and use your senses to help complete the sheet
- T-chart to compare winter and spring
- Sentence sheet and Word helper
- Writing Papers for spring poem, half-page booklet or full-page writing
- Craft Tracers to make the birdie craft
Be sure to take a look at the preview to see what's included.
This unit is also part of my Spring Savings Bundle of 3
Looking for more spring activities?
Let’s Go Fishing ~ math and language arts activities
Rockin’ Robins – a nonfiction mini unit
Looking for more seasonal activities at a great price? Check out mySeasons Bundle by clicking HERE
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories