This file contains the following:
• A 19-slide PowerPoint presentation guide through Springboard Activity 1.3 for 7th Grade ELA
• Opportunities within the PPT for differentiation by inserting and/or deleting slides to your desired leveled of scaffolding
• A PDF mini-lesson for connotation and denotation with an extension question
• A “Brain Dump” graphic organizer to determine background knowledge*
• A modified compare/contrast chart to analyze “The Road Not Taken” and “Choices” for struggling students
*I also use this Brain Dump to incorporate self-assessment. I have my students, as I quickly go over the terminology, rate their understanding and write it within each section.
Slide backgrounds and digital labels purchased from Sonya Dehart Design