This file includes the following:
• PPT & PDF files for Activity 3.4 – Springboard 7th Grade ELA
• Academic Vocabulary & mini-lessons embedded in slides
• Strong models included for all activities
• Close reading on Tangerine, including specifics about marking the text
• Opportunities for lesson extension
• Learning targets are as follows (some differ from the SB targets – I did not follow the curriculum in its entirety)
o I can use textual evidence to support my analysis of the setting.
o I can explain how setting affects characters.
o I can write and revise a literary analysis paragraph that uses textual evidence.
• PDF file for setting*textual evidence target
• PDF graphic organizer for setting*character target
• PDF writing practice sheet with peer- or self-assessment rubric
*If you are reading Tangerine but not using Springboard curriculum, this activity will also work for you!