Need a positive Classroom Management system that will engage your students? This Potato Head themed Spud-Tastic Behavior Management system contains everything you need to have a smooth running class!
– sing these at the beginning of your day or during transitions.. Have students stand and point to each body part as they sing about it! There are 3 songs so that you can switch them out frequently so they stay novel with your students and keep them engaged!
Spud-Tastic Rules (or Expectations)
– these positively phrased rules have fun visuals to help remind students of what each part of their body should be doing. The rules give you a common vocabulary to remind students when they are not following expectations. You can print out the full page or ½ page cards and display them in the classroom. You can also bind them and make a book to keep in your Quiet Corner or Library so students can reread the rules frequently.
Spud-Tastic Behavior Cards
– Use the label to decorate a can (I used a bread crumbs can, but Pringles, Crystal Lite or other similar cans with lids will also work.). Place all of the Behavior Cards in the can. When your class is being very good OR another staff member gives the class a compliment, choose a student to pull a random card from the can. When they choose a card, they get to put the indicated body part on your Potato Head toy or you can have the class work towards completing a paper version.
Spud-Tastic Reward Cards
– Use the label to decorate another can and place the Reward Cards inside. You can have a student choose the reward randomly, or choose one yourself. Place the reward card in a visible place. This is what your class is working for as they build their Spud through good behavior. Once they have completed the Spud, they receive the reward. Remove the pieces and start over with a new reward chosen to work towards! There are 16 rewards to choose from - all low or no cost to be friendly for your budget!
– either print pieces on regular paper for students to color, cut out and assemble, or trace onto construction paper for students to cut out and assemble. Display on a Bulletin Board with the “We Show Spud-Tastic Behavior” title.
“I Have Spud-Tastic Behavior” easy reader
– assemble a copy of the book for each student. Pages are printed two to a sheet to save paper! Students color the book and trace the words. Send home with students to read to their families to share the class’s behavior expectations.
– print bracelets on colorful paper. I use Astrobrights brand. Cut bracelets apart along lines. When a student displays Spud-Tastic behavior, place a bracelet on their wrist with a piece of tape. There are options for following each behavior rule, as well as a general Spud-Tastic bracelet. During the first few weeks of school, I try to hand out a handful of bracelets each day to encourage positive behaviors. Students LOVE showing their families that they earned a bracelet!
Spud-Tastic Writing page
– have students finish the Spud and write to whatever prompt you choose!
You Might Also Like:
• Domino Math
• Hand Washing Procedures Reader, Poster and Sequencing Pocket Chart
• How Do We Get Home? Chart, Emergent Reader, Song, Graph & More!
• EDITABLE Groovy Cat Students' Faces & Names Slideshow