Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.61 MB | 50 pages
Squanto’s Journey: The Story of the First Thanksgiving, by Joseph Bruchac, describes the encounter between Squanto and the English in 1620. It tells the Native American perspective, which is often time unknown. In 1620, the pilgrims, traveling on the Mayflower, arrived in America and were greeted by the Native American tribe Patuxet. Squanto was captured and taken away to Spain. With the help of a friar, he traveled to England. He found a way back to America by befriending the English and interpreting for them in order to keep peace among the Indians and English. Squanto taught the pilgrims how to survive in America. When the season of harvest came, they ate together and began a tradition that has lasted until this day.
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Facts and Details
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- 6 activities to extend the lesson
- 2 Vocabulary Practice sheets (five words per sheet)
- 1 Graphic Organizers (Facts and Details/Main Idea)
- Comprehension Quiz with ten questions. Answer key included.
- Disney's Squanto: A Warrior's Tale Video Questions
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Compare and Contrast Book and Movie)
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.