This download contains an 8-page mini-booklet that correlates to the story “Square Cat” by Elizabeth Schoonmaker. The activities below are included in this booklet and may be completed independently, with a partner, whole group, or in literacy workstations.
• Author’s Purpose
• Identify Problem/Solution
• Pinpoint key events and their importance
• Change in Character Feelings Throughout Story
• Cause/Effect of Character Actions
• Characteristics of a Good Friend
• Create a timeline of key events
• Vocabulary Enrichment-apply use of dictionary skills
• Synonym Practice
• Text Connections
• Theme of Story
• Book Review
This mini-booklet should be printed double-sided, folded, and stapled.