Also included in
- Engage your students in rigorous interactive read alouds throughout the month of January with the books Squirrel's New Year's Resolution, Tacky the Penguin, Sneezy the Snowman, The Mitten, Frederick, A Long Winter's Nap, and Martin's Big Words. Students will love the interactive format of the read$20.00$28.00Save $8.00
- Engage your students in rigorous interactive read alouds with some of the best picture books for the primary classroom. Students will love the read alouds and be able to apply their depth of knowledge in the extension activities and writing prompts centered around each book's unique theme.This bund$184.75$369.50Save $184.75
Engage your students in a rigorous interactive read aloud with the book Squirrel's New Year Resolution by Pat Miller. Students will love the read aloud and be able to apply their knowledge in the extension activities and writing prompts centered around the book's theme of helping others.
Squirrel's New Year's Resolution Interactive Read Aloud and Activities is a lesson plan for an interactive read aloud and writing activities for Squirrel's New Year's Resolution by Pat Miller. Please note that the book is not included in this resource.
The interactive read aloud lesson plan is a one-page formatted lesson plan. It has a story synopsis to read as you introduce the book, interactive questions to read before, during, and after the story, the theme of the story, vocabulary words, and reading/writing/think aloud extensions to work on after the read aloud.
The interactive questions are also formatted for sticky notes so that you can place them throughout the book for your read aloud. Simply print the sticky note template, cover with sticky notes, and reprint the interactive question sticky notes.
Included in this download is:
- lesson plan format template
- interactive lesson plan for Squirrel's New Year's Resolution
- sticky note template
- interactive question sticky notes
- differentiated writing prompts and paper
- story maps
- coloring pages
- Google Slide templates
More January Interactive Read Alouds:
Squirrel's New Year's Resolution by Pat Miller
Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester
Sneezy the Snowman by Maureen Wright
The Mitten by Jan Brett
Frederick by Leo Lionni
A Loud Winter's Nap by Katy Hudson
Martin's Big Words by Doreen Rappaport
For more interactive read aloud resources:
How to get TpT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Below each purchase, you will see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credits that you can use towards future purchases! ☺
Be the first to know about my store-wide sales, freebies and new products:
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. ☺
Tag me on Instagram, @missmskindergarten, so I can see how you use my resources in your classroom! ☺