Let your students know that learning grammar
can be fun! Use this activity with St. Patrick's Day
or whenever you want an entertaining way to teach parts of speech
In this printable, 2-page bell-ringer activity
, students learn about
• the village of Claddagh
• the famous Irish Claddagh ring
• determine the parts of speech
in various words in the material
• solve a puzzle
related to the parts of speech
and the material they have read
An answer key
This classroom-tested activity has been used in middle school, high school, and college classes
. Created by Susan Thurman.
To learn about new Class Act products, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the product, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press products you and your students might enjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• Why the Shamrock? A Parts of Speech and Shamrock Puzzle
• Who Was St. Patrick? Combining Parts of Speech and St. Patrick’s Life
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties
• Love Is All Around: Parts of Speech and Writing Fun