St. Patrick’s Day BUNDLE: 22 PRINTABLES
1. The Story of St. Patrick/ Vocabulary/ Sequence Strip Story/ Information Questions/ Scrambled Words
8 PRINTABLES with ANSWER KEYS
- The Story of St. Patrick: This is a 2 page reading on the true life story of St. Patrick.
- Vocabulary Exercises (3 pages): Matching/ Fill In the Blanks/ and Correct the Sentences. These vocabulary exercises include words like immigrant, legend, kidnap, escape, missionary etc.
- Sequence Strip Story: Students will cut apart the strips, put them in order and then paste them on a separate piece of paper.
- Making Information Question: WH Question Words
Students will make information questions using the WH Question Words (who, what, what kind of, where, when, why, how, how long, how many etc.) Students will first read the answer to the question. The underlined word in the sentence will indicated which WH question word the students will need to use to write the correct question.
St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th.
Students need to write the question “When is St. Patrick’s Day?”
- Scrambled Words: Students will unscramble the words from the story.
2. Irish Cultural Fun Pack: Proverbs, Limericks, Blessings, and Songs
5 PRINTABLES with ANSWER KEYS
The Irish gift for language is an important part of Ireland’s culture. This Irish Cultural Fun Pack includes Irish Proverbs, Limericks, Blessings and a Song. Students will learn 2 Irish Proverbs by doing 2 cryptogram puzzles. Students will have the opportunity to learn about and write a Limerick for St. Patrick’s Day. The song When Irish Eyes are Smiling is presented with a Cloze Activity. They will also become familiar with Irish Blessings by using the words in a Word Bank to complete 5 different blessings. Answer Keys are included for all the worksheets.
3. St. Patrick’s Day: Grammar, Vocabulary & Idioms
4 PRINTABLES with ANSWER KEYS
- St. Patrick’s Day Grammar Review with Idioms: Students will discover the hidden idiom by identifying different parts of speech (i.e. adverbs, conjunctions, prepositions, possessive pronouns, plural nouns etc.) After identifying the words according to their parts of speech, they will then follow the directions and color them accordingly. If students don’t have colored pencils they can cross out the words instead. The blocks that remain will reveal the idiom “give the green light”. Finally, they need to write a sentence using the idiom correctly.
- St. Patrick’s Day Vocabulary: Students will use the words from the Word Bank to fill in the missing words. The words are all common St. Patrick’s Day vocabulary (i.e. leprechaun, castle, jig, limerick, pot of gold, mischievous, blessing, trinity, potato, legend, emerald etc.)
- WH Question Words for Saint Patrick’s Day: In the next worksheet students will make information questions using the WH Question Words (who, what, what kind of, where, when, why, how, how many, and how much.)
- St. Patrick’s Day Categorize Nouns, Adjectives and Verbs: Students will write a noun, an adjective and a verb for each of the initial letters in the words “LEPRECHAUN”
4. St. Patrick’s Day Fun Pack
5 PRINTABLES with ANSWER KEYS
- Rhyming Activity
-2 Anagram Puzzles
Graphics provided by: