I. THE STORY OF SAINT PATRICK
The Story of St. Patrick also sold separately. Follow this link.
1. The Story of St. Patrick: This is a two-page reading on the true-life story of St. Patrick.
2. St. Patrick’s Day Vocabulary (3 Exercises)
-Fill in the Blanks
-Correct the Sentences.
3. Sequence Strip Story: Students will cut apart the strips, put them in order and then paste them on another decorated paper provided in this unit. This may be challenging for some students. At first I let my students struggle for a few minutes, and then I tell them that they can use the reading to help them. It is also beneficial to have them work together in pairs for this activity. The more advanced students can help the ones that need more help.
4. Information Questions: WH-Question Words
Students will make information questions using the WH Question Words (who, what, what kind of, where, when, why, how, how long, how many etc.) Students will first read the answer to the question. The underlined word in the sentence will indicated which WH question word the students will need to use to write the correct question.
St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th.
Students need to write the question “When is St. Patrick’s Day?”
5. Vocabulary Scramble: Students will unscramble the words from the story.
6. St. Patrick’s Day Fun Grammar Review: Students will write a noun, adjective and verb for each of the initial letters in the words “SAINT PATRICK”.
7. St. Patrick’s Day Anagram: Students will make as many words as they can by using only the letters in the words “HAPPY SAINT PATRICK DAY”.
8. This Word Art worksheet can be used to review vocabulary words related to St. Patrick’s Day. Students should be encouraged to color and decorate the vocabulary words. It is very beneficial for students to use new vocabulary words in a variety of different ways.
When students have finished this Word Art worksheet, it could also be used to make a beautiful bulletin board display.
II. SAINT PATRICK’S DAY WORD WALL
St. Patrick Day Word Wall also sold separately. Follow this link.
Word Walls are a great way to teach vocabulary and enhance the Story of St. Patrick Reading. These cards can easily be used in a pocket chart or as class décor. I recommend that you laminate them first and then cut them up so that will be more durable.
THIS SET INCLUDES A TOTAL OF 104 CARDS!!
-48 cards in color.
-48 cards with colored pictures on black and white background to save on ink.
-4 blank cards with colored background so you as the teacher can add more vocabulary words to your word wall if you so desire.
-4 blank cards with black and white background so you as the teacher can add more vocabulary words to your word wall if you so desire.
St. Patrick’s Day, St. Patrick, be born, Ireland, pirate, shepherd, dream, the Irish, church, Celtic cross, sheep, drive out, snake, castle, flag trinity, rainbow, sun, rain, cloud, colors, red, purple, orange, blue, light blue, green, yellow, gray, pink, brown, white, violet, indigo, black, leprechaun, pot o’ gold, coins, parade, shamrock, harp, fiddle, Irish jig, good luck, pinch, hat, March and potato.
MORE ST. PATRICK’S DAY LESSONS
St. Patrick’s Day Easy Reader
St. Patrick’s Day SMART Board Sequencing Story
St. Patrick’s Day SMART Board Math
St. Patrick’s Day Grammar Review
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺