Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day creatively and imagine packing your own cool backpack and traveling to Dublin, Ireland to take part in the carnival on March 17th.
This imaginative resource invites students to custom design a unique backpack, covered in badges and to complete a selection of creative writing tasks.
These finished backpacks and additional printable decor pages will make a fantastic, fun and colorful St. Patrick's display in your classroom.
Ideal for engaging older kids in a creative activity.
Suitable for grades 4, 5, 6, 7.
Please note, younger children may need assistance as cutting and glueing of small shapes forms part of the process.
Please click on the preview to see the resource in full.
1. Colored backpack examples, in green, orange and grey with badges - use as posters or examples
2. Blank backpack templates - choose from 2 options according to ability
3. Pages of colored and outline badges to cut out and glue onto the backpack templates
4. Writing activities, including -
a) Writing a story about a leprechaun
b) 15 things I would pack to take on a trip to Dublin, Ireland
c) Traveling to Ireland - currency, mode of transport, length of journey etc
d) Blank pages for your own specific use
5. St. Patrick’s Day display poster
6. Larger size badges to decorate the bulletin board
7. Fun facts about Ireland and St.Patrick's Day
Materials, equipment needed:
Marker pens, colored pencils
Pegs or string if you would like to display the backpacks as a garland
Use heavyweight paper or card stock for best results
You might also like to view my other seasonal art resources:
Follow my store on TPT to receive notification of new products, where I will be offering a 50% discount for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources - you will earn points towards your next TPT purchases :-)
Connect with Diane @ The ImaginationBox
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2019