This bundle includes 2 products from "The Culturally Responsive Classroom"
"Fiona's Lace" by Patricia Polacco
"Fiona's Lace" is a beautiful story written by Patricia Polacco. It is a tale of one family's journey to America from Ireland. This is a perfect read aloud for the week leading up to or of Saint Patrick's Day. It will help children see there is more to being Irish than Saint Patrick's Day.
-I Notice/ I Wonder Prereading Activity
-Irish Lace Close Read
-Close Read Book Marks
-Literary Response Prompt
-Character Trait Bubble Maps
-Important Events Sequencing Activity
-Post Card Writing Activity
-Paper Bag Scrapbook (synthesis activity)
"That's What Leprechauns Do" by Eve Bunting
That's What Leprechauns Do
Each of the following activities goes along with the book “That’s What Leprechaun’s Do!” by Eve Bunting. Don’t have the book? Find it here at StoryTimeOnline’s YouTube Channel:
- Before Reading Questions: Making predictions and activating prior knowledge. Sets purpose for reading.
- Thinking While Reading Graphic Organizer for students to record thoughts or questions as they read.
- Sequencing activity: Students cut and paste events from the story in the correct order
- Text Dependent Questions (2 pages)
- Character Bubble Map for Leprechauns (Black & White and Color)
- B.M.E. Books (Black & White and Color)
- Summary paragraph page to use with B.M.E. books
- Writing Craftivity with a choice of 5 writing prompts.
- Paper Bag Narrative Book (Students write a narrative as if they were a leprechaun. Pages for illustrations as well as lined pages for text included. Teacher directions also included!)