Looking for St. Patrick’s Day themed Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you!
Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a St. Patrick’s Day theme, (this includes leprechauns, shamrocks, gold, rainbows, etc. - see the preview and description below for full details).
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
ABC Clip Cards (2 levels) -
Clip the letter that matches the letter shown. (Uppercase to Uppercase matching, and Uppercase to Lowercase matching options).
St. Patrick’s Day!” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- print a simple label style version, or one with a predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
Shamrock Shake (2 levels)
- Pick a shamrock card and say the picture name. Find and color the shamrock with the CVCe word that matches. (one set with the CVCe word written by the picture for support and matching).
Rainbow CVC Word Puzzles (2 levels)
- Match the CVC word to its picture to complete the rainbow (1 set includes the words by the pictures for word matching support).
Shamrock Rhyming Puzzles
- Match up the shamrocks by finding the rhyming pairs.
Pot of Gold Sight Words (Editable Version Included)
- Read the sight words on the pots and then use the alphabet coins to build them.
Lucky’s Rainbow Write
– Pick a leprechaun hat and say the letter name. Find and trace its match. (Both upper and lowercase versions included.)
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Pot of Gold Count and Clip-
Count the gold coins in the pot and clip the total (sets to 10, and then 10+ counting on to sets to 20).
Lucky Horseshoe Counting Puzzles
– Count the horseshoes and match them up to their totals (2 options – numbers to 10 or number words to 10).
Rainbow Addition and Subtraction Puzzles
– Complete the rainbows by matching up the addition and subtraction problems to their answers (addition and subtraction within 10).
Lucky Leprechauns (2 levels)
– Pick a leprechaun card and solve the addition problem. Color the coin with the sum. (2 sets – sums to 5 and sums to 10.)
St. Patrick’s Day Count It! (2 levels)
– Pick a shamrock card and count the objects. Find the matching picture and record the number in the shamrocks below. (2 options – one with counting objects/writing numbers to 10, one with Base 10 blocks/writing numbers to 19.)
Shamrock Shuffle – Count by 10’s
– Order the numbered shamrock cards from 10-100. Record the numbers on the shamrocks.
Shamrock Shuffle – Count by 5’s
– Order the numbered shamrock cards from 5-100. Record the numbers on the shamrocks.
Shamrock Addition/Subtraction Cards
– Use manipulatives in the ten frames to solve the addition and subtraction equations within 10. (40 different cards total!)
Pot of Gold PlayDough/Number Mats
– Use play dough or manipulatives to build the number on the mat and show it in the 10/20 frame. Then use a dry erase marker to practice writing it (numbers to 20).
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
***************************************************************************** More St. Patrick’s Day Activities
St. Patrick’s Day Writing Center Activities
March Clothespin Clip Cards
March Kindergarten Printables Bundle