PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Have fun celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with this experimental activity, creating eye catching shamrocks to display in your classroom.
This activity involves a variety of creative challenges for hands and imaginations.
Glueing, careful cutting, yarn wrapping and creating abstract shapes and patterns.
Please click on the preview to see the resource in full
You will find the following :
1. Shamrock templates, 2 size options
2. Information regarding materials needed
3. A selection of photographed examples for inspiration
4. A display poster
Materials, equipment needed:
Paper for printing shamrock templates, scrap card / cardboard
A selection of green shades of yarn
Marker pens, colored pencils
I have suggested 2 ways of approaching this activity:
1. Yarn wrapping activity only
2. Yarn wrapping, followed by creating shapes with marker pens within the shapes created by the yarn. Then students can then remove the yarn to reveal a unique pattern. Some students may be interested in this experimental activity, others may not want to ‘undo’ their artwork
You might also like to view my other seasonal art resources:
Follow my store on TPT to receive notification of new products, where I will be offering a 50% discount for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources - you will earn points towards your next TPT purchases :-)
Connect with Diane @ The ImaginationBox
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2019