Also included in
- Take your students on adventures of a lifetime with 7 totally paperless digital escape rooms! Two new breakouts have already been added in 2020! Two more breakouts will be posted this spring. Purchase now before the price increases! ALL YOU WILL NEED TO DO IS REDOWNLOAD WHEN THE NEW FILES ARE AD$38.00$53.00Save $15.00
Totally Paperless! Visit 5 mystery locations across Ireland and Northern Ireland learning about Irish culture and history in this digital escape room! NOTE: This product does not go in depth into St. Patrick's life or history. Students learn at the first location that St. Patrick's day was originally a religious holiday, but today it is a celebration of all things Irish. This breakout goes in depth into Irish culture, history, geography, music and literature, World Heritage Sites, and more.
If you are familiar with Breakout EDU, this is a digital escape room that is completely PAPERLESS! (Some students may want to use scratch paper to write down a cipher, but that doesn't count!) CHECK OUT THE VIDEO PREVIEW ON MY INSTAGRAM @KATIESURLY
ELA content covered:
Non-Fiction Text Features: 3 Timelines, Maps, etc
AND SO MUCH MORE- 15 total sections to unlock!
5 things to love about this St.Patrick's Day Escape Room:
1. NO-PREP! There is nothing to print, cut, laminate, clues to hide, or locks to set. Everything is ready for your students right in the form!
2. Students encounter a map, pretend boarding pass, full color photos with the text, multiple ciphers to decode, and more.
3. This digital escape room can be used with computers, chrome books, OR iPads.
4. A detailed answer key is included, along with tips of how I use digital breakouts in my classroom and optional hints if you choose to give them.
5. You can share the escape room link via Google Classroom, SeeSaw or other class communication app, OR there is a QR code provided for your students to access it on their devices. All you need is the internet and one device per pair or group. (You DO NOT need Google logins!)
The teacher pdf includes 11 pages. The digital escape room will take students an average of 1 hour to 1 hr and 30 minutes to complete. Some students may take longer or shorter depending on ability levels, but there are 15 sections of content about Irish history and culture to unlock and 5 locations to visit on their Amazing Race journey. The answer key is four pages long and includes extra hints you can choose to give your students that are not in the escape room form along with descriptions of how each cipher works for your own information.
Note: This is not an editable form which means you can't make a copy to edit. Unlike other quizzes or surveys your students may have taken in Google Forms, students MUST get the answer correct before advancing to the next question and section. All results are the same because of the answer validation function in the escape room! Students do NOT need a Google account and student names are not collected. If students “breakout” or “escape”, they not only finished each section but got every answer correct because students CANNOT advance to the next section without the exact answer.
Please make sure your district does not have Google Forms blocked as no refunds will be given because of this. Thanks for understanding. You do not need Google logins, but you will need access to Google Forms with the provided link.
This was designed for students to work in groups, but it can definitely work with distance learning as a fun activity if you provide supports!
Here are a few tips for using it in distance learning:
Depending on your grade and student abilities, I recommend:
1. Emailing parents the answer key to help if their child gets stuck since you aren't there in person to provide hints if needed. This would help avoid any frustrations since they aren't able to collaborate as a group as it's designed.
2. Encourage students to do the activity when you have live 'office hours' or a live Google Meet to answer questions in Google Classroom or your classroom share tool. Remember this is a fun breakout activity, and not an assignment you would take a grade for so this should relieve any pressure on families!! Please make sure this is clear.
3. Some of you have told me that you've done this as a class together in a Zoom or Google Meet. I LOVE hearing this! Many of you have utilized breakout groups for this so students can still work together and it has been successful!
4. If you want to know they participated, on the last page they can discuss 3 things they learned as a family or group and send you 3 things they learned when they finish and/or have them take a screenshot of the breakout page since you aren't there in person to have them show you their screen like you would in the classroom.
Interested in all 7 breakouts? Checkout my BREAKOUT BUNDLE for the most savings!
Like what you see? Follow me on TPT to be the first to know when new digital resources are posted.
Thanks for your purchase- If your class has completed the escape room, I'd love to hear your feedback! Tag me in any photos on social media @katiesurly !
[Note: Pdf updated 1:30pm 3/14/19 Re-download it if you purchased before this date. Thanks!]