Are you looking for a resource that will give your students practice working with skills, while still being fun and St. Patrick’s Day themed? Look no further! This resource will give you leveled options that you can use tomorrow with your students!
Figurative language can be a difficult concept for students to grasp. This product offers 2 versions of figurative language practice with three different leveled options! Then, students get the opportunity to write their own St. Patrick’s Day figurative language. The figurative language examples include alliteration, hyperbole, metaphor, onomatopoeia, personification, and similes.
One version includes cards with examples of St. Patrick’s Day themed figurative language. These can be used as sorting cards, or they can be used with one of the three differentiated answer sheets to provide a challenging and fun task that can be used as a station activity, group work, or any way you see fit.
The examples also come as worksheets to allow for versatility. You can choose the option that works best for you, or mix and match!
A writing task is also included that asks students to write their own St. Patrick’s Day themed figurative language! Students can practice applying this skill and exchange cards with their peers for extra practice. The options are endless!
Here’s what is included:
• 40 Figurative Language Cards with three leveled answer sheets
• Optional sorting card headers
• 3 leveled worksheets with the same 40 examples of figurative language (allows you versatility and multiple options)
• St. Patrick’s Day Themed Figurative Language Writing Task Cards-6 cards with the type of figurative language and 20 cards with St. Patrick’s Day topics. Mix and match the cards to give students a fun writing task to allow them to practice writing figurative language!
• A rubric for the writing task
• Teacher’s guide with ideas for using the resources that are included
Thank you for checking out my work! If you like my product, be sure to follow me so you can be kept up to date with new products, freebies, and sales :)
Be sure to check out my other St. Patrick’s Day Resources!
St. Patrick's Day DIGITAL Inference Game
St. Patrick's Day Inference Card Game
Check out my St. Patrick's Day Creative Writing Prompts! 17 prompts, matching papers, pre-writing organizer, and rubric that meet the demands of Common Core Writing while giving your students fun writing tasks!
Check out the bundle:
St.Patrick's Day Creative Writing: 17 Fun Prompts, Matching Papers, and Rubric