Looking for an engaging, rigorous St. Patrick's Day-themed grammar activity for your students? This grammar escape room is perfect for those days around March 17 — or any time during the spring — when students are full of energy but still need to learn.
Students will review parts of speech, pronoun-antecedent agreement, subject-verb agreement, and sentence structure with these 16 St. Patrick's Day-themed task cards.
☘ This product is included in my Secondary English Escape Room Bundle
Your download includes
* four task cards identifying parts of speech (four parts of speech per card)
* four task cards choosing the correct subject to agree with verb (four sentences per card)
* four task cards choosing the correct pronoun to agree with antecedent (four sentences per card)
* four task cards identifying fragments, run-ons, and complete sentences (four sentences per card)
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page and link to overview instruction video
* four different Google forms with four different secret phrases
Please note: The cards contain sentences related to St. Patrick's Day, including the saint and history of the holiday in the United States. References to St. Patrick are not religious but are rather historical.
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but four different “secret phrases.”
In the teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase.￼
Looking for more escape room products? Check them out here:
Valentine's Day Escape Room
Holiday Grammar Escape Room