Also included in
- Everything you need for March! Spend more time teaching and less time planning with 9 resources designed to take work off your plate this month. Bell ringers, research, writing, reading, and vocabulary activities. Just plug and play! What you'll get:March digital warm ups / bell ringer journal withPrice $19.75Original Price $21.95Save $2.20
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a wee bit o' practice reading informational texts! Teach your students about the history of St. Patrick's Day and use that information to help them practice using textual evidence in three different ways.
Students will read an information text about the holiday, answer questions, practice identifying supporting detail, write a poem, and respond to a persuasive (and creative) writing prompt.
This resource includes:
- print, digital, and TpT Easel versions
- both color and black & white print options
- informational text about St. Patrick's Day, immigration, and Irish folklore
- comprehension questions that include higher order thinking
- practice identifying main ideas and types of supporting detail in a text
- creative writing poem response to informational text
- creative writing story that with the focus on persuasion
- answer key
- editable rubric
- suggestions and teaching tips
You can choose to complete all the activities or a few while students learn about this old and interesting holiday.
Perfect for a sub plan, differentiation, fast finisher, or reading/writing workshop.
This is going to save you so much time! It's is "done for you" and ready to teach!
Reasons to love this resource:
- ready to use
- great for sub plans, literacy centers, GATE, fast finishers, and differentiation
- combines reading and creative writing -- keep those skills sharp!
- great test prep and practice
Please see the preview to check out what's included.
Note: The link to the digital slides is found on page 6 of the PDF.
You might also be interested in:
I'd love to have you follow my store. Just click on the green star by my store name and you'll be the first to hear about the latest freebies, sales, and products.
I can't wait to hear from you! I read all feedback and love hearing how you use my resources in your classroom (because that's what it's all about!)
Please be sure to leave feedback and get that TPT credit while you're at it. If you have a question or problem, leave a note for me in the Q & A. I'll get right back to you.