This is a set of 5 St. Patrick's Day Literacy Centers:
1. How Many Words? - students use themed words to find smaller words.
2. Pot O' Gold Coins ('A' patterns) - a sorting game to practice long/short A and -ar patterned words.
3. Pot O' Gold Coins ('I' patterns) - a memory-style matching game to practice long I patterns, including long I with silent E, -igh, and Y as I. Students must also write sentences and draw pictures of the words to show application.
4. Mystery Picture Compound Words - students must match the two parts of a compound word in order to complete the picture. Students must also write sentences and draw pictures of the words to show application.
5. St. Patrick's Syllables - students must sort words by their syllables before recording the words on the recording sheet.