Your students will enjoy this math unit full of activities to use throughout the month of March. This unit has so many activities that are ready to use tomorrow with little or NO PREP.
The activities are great for math centers, tutoring sessions and small/whole group math instruction.
This unit focuses on numbers 0-20, more/less, simple addition, counting on, sequencing, calendar and so much more.
1. Making Sets: Colored center cards with gold pieces to make sets from 1-20. Students will recognize the number on the card and place a set of gold pieces into the pots. Comes with student activity and assessment.
2 Counting Sets: Colored center cards. Students will count the number of gold pieces in each pot and match with a number card. Comes with student activity for 0-10 and 10-20. There are 3 different recording sheets to meet your teaching style.
3. Number Sorts: students will sort sets represented by tally marks, ten frames, dice, dominoes, and
pot of gold as well as number equations.
a. Sorts sets of 0, 1, and 2
b. Sort sets of 3, 4 and 5
c. More, Less and Equal to 3
d. More, Less and Equal to 4
e. More, Less and Equal to 5
4. Sequence Shamrocks: students can sequence various sets of numbers.
Sorts come in color and black-line.
a. sort by 10’s to 100
b. sort by 5’s to 50
c. sort by 2’s to 20
d. sort by 1’s 1-10
e. sort by 1’s 11-20
5. Match Sets to a Given Number: sets come in tally marks, ten frames
and pot of gold. You choose which format your students need
according to their needs.
6. Simple Addition: Decomposing Numbers 3, 4, 5. Students will discover
Various way to decompose a given number. This comes in color and
7. How many more to make 5? …10?
8. Counting On: Focus in is on numbers 1-12 and 13-20
9. March Calendar Activities.
10. Bonus Literacy Activities