This St. Patrick's Day Math Activity/Centers set comes with four different activities to help your students review 2-digit and 3-digit addition and subtraction. The four activities are:
- Pot 'O Gold: There are 25 2-digit addition problems and 25 2-digit subtraction problems, each on their own gold coin. There are two pots labeled "EVEN" and "ODD". Students must solve the math problems and then sort the coins based on the answers. There are also 10 blank coins for you to make your own problems. *Comes in color and blackline.
- Greater Than/Less Than: There are 40 gold coins with all with a 3-digit number on them. Students have to pick two coins, record the numbers on the recording sheet and then circle >, = or < to make the number sentence make sense. *Comes in color and blackline.
- Monster Match-Up: There are 16 number cards with both 2-digit and 3-digit numbers in standard form and their matches in expanded form. Students get a match by pairing together the correct standard form and expanded form of the same number. On the back of the cards are St. Patty's Day monsters. *Color only
- St. Patrick's Day Math Riddles and Jokes: There are four St. Patrick's Day jokes for your students to solve. Two of them use 2-digit addition and subtraction and two of them use 3-digit addition and subtraction. There are numbered blanks for the answers. Students must solve the problems first to see which number corresponds with which letter and then plug the letters into the numbered blanks. *Blackline only
Potential uses for these activities:
- math centers
- early finisher activities
- morning work
- St. Patty's Day party activities
Common Core Standards
2.NBT.A.1 - Understand that the three digits of a 3-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens and ones
2.NBT.A.4 - Compare two three-digit numbers using >, = and <
2.NBT.B.5 - Fluently add/subtract within 100 using strategies based on place value and property of operations
2.NBT.B.7 - Fluently add/subtract within 1000 using strategies based on place value and property of operations
Be sure to check out my other St. Patty's Day and Spring activities:
Spring Addition and Subtraction Word Problems
Leprechaun in Late Winter Novel Study
Fall, Winter and Spring Word Problem Bundle
This unit was created with 2nd grade in mind, however a high achieving 1st grader or underachieving 3rd grader will also be able to use it.
Thanks for the purchase!
Meghan @ Creating and Learning
P.S. Did you know that you can earn TPT credits for future purchases simply by leaving feedback for all the products you download?!