Make St. Patrick's Day fun and educational with these Common Core and NGSS-aligned activities. Please click on the video preview and the supporting document preview for samples of this set. You'll get 3 videos and 60 pages of related materials.
1. A "Happy St. Patrick's Day" sign, in full-color and black-and-white.
2. Three educational music videos: "5 Little Leprechauns: Addition," "5 Little Leprechauns: Subtraction," and "The "End of a Rainbow." I've included lyrics in full-color and black-and-white, plus follow-up activities that can be adapted for grades pre-K - 2. You can listen to the videos from TpT OR listen to/download them from my private Vimeo site. Please see the cover page for clickable links.
The final video video includes both science and fiction concepts. I've included motions, full-color projectable words, a black-and-white lyric sheet, a "science or fiction" true/false page, and follow-up writing ideas. This song is great for discussing the difference between facts and fantasy. It also relates to the science experiment that follows.
3. A STEM project on making a leprechaun trap.
4. A science experiment on making rainbows using prisms or CDs.
5. St. Patrick's Day-themed printables: Leprechauns, rainbows, a pot of gold, blank leprechaun game cards, and 4-leaf clovers. Use for visors, centers, flashcards, and for making the books more interactive.
I hope you and your students enjoy these materials for many years to come. HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!