Also included in
- Use this YEAR LONG BUNDLE of PRINT & GO math enrichment activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with advanced math problem solving fun ALL YEAR LONG. A Year of Math Challenges & Brain Teasers includes every math challenge and brain teaser pack in the store and is$89.00$119.50Save $30.50
- Use these PRINT & GO math problems to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with engaging holiday themed math problem solving! The Monthly Math Challenge & Brain Teaser Bundle includes a set of math challenges & brain teasers for every month of the school year. With this$49.00$65.00Save $16.00
Use these PRINT & GO St. Patrick's Day, March Madness, Pi Day, and reading themed math activities to challenge your high flying 2nd and 3rd grade students with math problem solving FUN during the month of March. These March math challenges & brain teasers have engaging seasonal themes students love, and are a perfect way to extend and enrich your advanced second and third grade mathematicians' learning!
The March Math Challenge and Brainteaser Pack includes 26 NO PREP math printables with answer keys you can use for second and third grade distance learning, Coronavirus packets, math centers, homework, fast finishers, number talks, seasonal centers, math enrichment contracts, small groups, or whole class problem solving.
March themes include: St. Patrick's Day, leprechauns, rainbows, clovers, March Madness basketball, Pi Day, and Read Across America.
Recommended as a challenge for 2nd and 3rd grade students.
Included in this pack:
11 Math Challenges
- Hoards of Horseshoes (Place value, adding multiple 1-digit numbers to 10, guess and check)
- Pot-o-Gold (Addition, converting ounces to pounds)
- NCAA Champs (Adding 2-digit numbers, guess and check, logical thinking)
- Read Around the Room (Perimeter and area, logical thinking)
- Page Turners (Addition to 100, guess and check, logical thinking)
- High Score (Adding 2-digit and 3-digit numbers, identifying odd numbers, guess and check)
- Clover Count (Area, multiplying 2-digit by 1-digit numbers)
- Eggs and Ham (Adding money within $20.00, defining a dozen)
- Pie Time (Converting minutes to hours, elapsed time, simple division)
- Mr. Mittenfox (Calendar math, multiplying by 2)
- Leaping Leprechauns (Doubling numbers, converting inches to feet)
All math challenges come with a lined page for written responses focused on strategies students used to solve the problem
- March Madness Math #1 (Addition & Multiplication with multiples of 1, 2, and 3, easier)
- March Madness Math #2 (Addition & Multiplication with multiples of 1, 2, and 3, more difficult)
- Silent Readers (Logical thinking, guess and check)
- Pie for Pi Day (Logical thinking, guess and check, comparing simple fractions)
- Rainbow Rules #1 (In/Out Tables, Adding and subtracting 5, 10, and 100 within 1,000)
- Rainbow Rules #2 (In/Out Tables, Adding, subtracting, and multiplying within 1,000)
- Silly Things Sentences #1 (Addition and subtraction to 20, balancing equations)
- Silly Things Sentences #2 (Addition and subtraction to 100, balancing equations)
- GOLD Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- READ Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- PI Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, easier)
- CLOVER Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- AUTHOR Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, more difficult)
- SLAM DUNK Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- THINGS 1 & 2 Logic Puzzle (Logical thinking, guess and check, most difficult)
- Student resource page with common conversions and extra info students might need to help solve these problems. Perfect to use for homework or centers!
- Answer keys for every problem
Check out the preview to see all challenges, brainteasers, and answer keys.
Have a fab day Super Teacher,
Sign up for the Super Teacher e-mail list and be the first to know about exclusive freebies, new products, and get super teacher tips and tricks for your teacher toolbox delivered right to your inbox!
If you like this product you might also like
Here are a few ideas for how you might use these challenges and brainteasers in your own classroom:
*Use these as extension activities for math contracts. Make a pack of challenge problems for advanced students to use as a fast finisher or during certain in-class math lessons when they’ve already mastered the material. You can read more about this strategy and receive a free editable math contract at my blog HERE.
*Use a challenge or brainteaser as a homework option for students who need a challenge, or let them replace a simple homework assignment with the challenge to show parents how well you’re differentiating.
*Use a math challenge or brainteaser as a “number talk” problem to start out your daily math class. Work through it as a class or let students work in partners or small groups to talk through it and solve it together.
*Give a challenge or brainteaser to a small group of students as one of their independent math workshop rotations or use them with your advanced small math group rotation.
*Use the problems as an independent practice activity during a unit on problem solving strategies (guess and check, work backwards, etc.) or attacking a multi-step problem.
*Keep a stack of challenge problems in your classroom fast finisher area for any student who wants a challenge.
*Choose one or two challenge problems for the month and reward any student who can solve both. You can put these on a bulletin board or have them available as additional incentives.
*Use the holiday themed challenges as a choice activity during a holiday party or to keep your sanity during that holiday down time.
Become a follower and be the first to know about new Super Teacher freebies and product launches. It's Easy!
Click HERE to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates from TpT when I upload new products to my store. I typically give a 20% discount on all new products for the first 48 hours, so please follow and get in on the discounted fun. Nothing’s better than saving some moolah!
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. It's FREE!
Go to your “My Purchases” page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a blinking “Provide Feedback” option. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I love reading your comments and value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you!