St. Patrick's Day is one of the most fun times of year to be a teacher! While planning for my own classroom, I decided to put together this packet so that I could have everything I needed all in one place! Each of the activities is aligned to Common Core State Standards. In addition, each activity comes with an instruction sheet with "I can statements" and a recording sheet.
Here are the activities included:
-Irish Inferences: Inferences anchor chart, 2 letters from class leprechaun, 4 clues, and a recording sheet. In addition, it includes a diary page for students to keep track of what the class leprechaun does each day!
-The Luck of the Irish (synonym sort)
- Irish "R" Blends (r blend spelling)
- Irish Editors (sentence editing)
- Colorful Compound Words (creating compound words and writing)
-Pot O' Parts of Speech (noun, verb, adjective sort)
- Three writing pages (If I were a Leprechaun, If I had a Pot of Gold, My Luckiest Day Ever)
- Good Lucky Graphing (graphing with lucky charms)
- Pot O' Problems ( addition and subtraction
- Time for Gold (telling time)
-Counting Clovers (skip counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s)
- Roll and Clover (addition)