This super FUN literacy pack is great for St. Patrick's day centers, whole group, or small group intervention!
There are 7 activities included!! 58 pages total. All are very thorough, with extra blank sheets for you to add your own words.
1. Word Family Sort~ students sort the coins into the correct pot of gold word families. There are 20 word families included, 4 word families for each of the 5 short vowels.
2. Sight Word Write the Room~ place sight word shamrocks around the room. Students search for the shamrocks and write the words on their recording sheet.
3. Real and Nonsense Word Sort~ students read the gold coin words and sort them on the rainbow sorting mat under real or nonsense words.
4. Sight Word “Bang” Game~ place words in a container or pile. Students draw a card and if they can read it, they keep it. If not, it goes back into the pile. There are 2 different “special” cards that allow students to take an extra turn, or put all their cards back!
5. List Writing Prompts: Students read the topic and make a list according to the prompt. There are 6 writing topics included.
6. I Spy “Little” Words~ print the picture scene. Students will use magnifying glasses to search for the small CVC words and record them on their recording sheet. 20 words total
7. CVC Bingo~ students will play Bingo with CVC gold coin words. This game is played just like regular bingo. 30 words total, all 5 short vowels