St. Patrick's Day Non-Fiction Article
6th - 8th
- Google Apps™
Includes Google Apps™
The Teacher-Author indicated this resource includes assets from Google Workspace (e.g. docs, slides, etc.).
What educators are saying
My students loved learning about this holiday. There were a lot of interesting facts and they were very engaged with the activity. Thanks.
My students are going to love learning about St. Patrick's Day! They have enjoyed some of the other non-fiction resources as well!
Also included in
- Help bring more diversity into your classroom with this holidays around the world in this non-fiction articles bundle. This resource contains 13 high-interest non-fiction articles and post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep, and cross-curricular learning.Price $34.99Original Price $44.00Save $9.01
- Article of the Week Full Year Mega Bundle | PDF and Digital: This resource contains 44 high-interest non-fiction articles and 41 non-fiction-aligned graphic organizers. Each article contains 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension and standardized test prep. This resource contPrice $115.00Original Price $144.00Save $29.00
St. Patrick's Day Non-Fiction Article PDF and Digital Formats: This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages as well as Google Slides formatted lessons to use with online tools such as Google Classroom.
- 1 Non-Fiction Article (regular & modified versions)
- 2 Audio Files (MP3) - 1 for each article
- 1 Pre-Reading Activity (K-W-L chart)
- 3 Post-Reading Activities (comprehension questions, grammar questions, and long answer writing)
- Print & Digital Formats
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Answer Key
- Assessment Rubric
- PDF & Google Slides™ Formats
- “Thanks for a great resource!”
- "I have enjoyed many of your resources. These reading passages are great practice for students and easy to leave with a supply. Thanks!"
- “This is a great resource. It was exactly what my students needed. Thanks!”
Use this article with my Article of the Week Differentiated Lessons program.
Included with rubric
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings.
Analyze how a particular sentence, paragraph, chapter, or section fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the ideas.
Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.