This download is PACKED with *updated* St. Patrick's themed goodies. You will receive:
- TWO color and black & white St. Patrick's Day poems with response pages (a skills scavenger hunt and a point of view response)
- mystery word and mystery phrase activities
- word ladder activity *with answer key*
- Catch the Contractions game (not and will) with recording sheet
- Parts of Speech Sentence Sort (nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs) with worksheet, sorting cards and sorting mat
- St. Patrick's Day fact and opinion anchor chart
- St. Patrick's Day fact and opinion sorting activity
LA.2.ELACC2RL4 - Describe how words and phrases (e.g., regular beats, alliteration, rhymes, repeated lines) supply rhythm and meaning in a story, poem, or song
LA.2.ELACC2RL10 - By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories and poetry, in the grades 2-3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
LA.2.ELACC2RL3 - Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
LA.2.ELACC2RL6 - Acknowledge differences in the points of view of characters, including by speaking in a different voice for each character when reading dialogue aloud.
LA.2.ELACC2L2.c - Use an apostrophe to form contractions and frequently occurring possessives.
LA.2.ELACC2L1.e - Use adjectives and adverbs, and choose between them depending on what is to be modified.
LA.3.ELACC3RL6 - Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters.
LA.3.ELACC3RL5 - Refer to parts of stories, dramas, and poems when writing or speaking about a text, using terms such as chapter, scene, and stanza; describe how each successive part builds on earlier sections.
LA.3.ELACC3L1.a - Explain the function of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in general and their functions in particular sentences.