These paired passages include a nonfiction passage and a recipe based on St. Patrick’s Day. With the push for more rigor and changes in state testing, students are expected to read, comprehend, and respond to paired passages. Pick and choose what close reading activities your students need the most. You could use them all and allow the passage to serve as close reading material for a week. These can be used for 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students.
Your Purchase Will Include:
- 1 recipe passage
- 1 nonfiction passage
- 10 multiple choice comprehension questions with answer key
- Full page anchor chart for reading paired passages
- Mini anchor charts for reading paired passages
- Compare and contrast organizer and short answer question
- Main idea cut and sort with answer key
- Evidence from the text task
- Sequence cut and paste activity
- Cause and effect task
- Text features task
- 3 Writing Prompts for Narrative, Persuasive, and Informational writing
- Pacing Guide
Take a peek at the preview for a better picture of what is included!
If you own the Paired Passages Holiday Bundle
, please do not purchase this. You already own it. If you are interested in the bundle, click here.
Other Products Available In My Store:
St. Patrick's Addition and Subtraction Word Problems
St. Patrick's Day Multiplication and Division Word Problems
St. Patrick's Day Math Packet for March
Thurgood Marshall Paired Passages
Frederick Douglass Paired Passages
Earn TPT Credits for Your Future Purchases:
- Go to your “My Purchases” page and click “Provide Feedback.”
To Be the First to Know About New Products and Freebies:
- Click the green star to follow me!