Tired of the same old St Patrick's Day activities? Give your kiddos something fresh!
Saint Patrick’s Day Book Activities for the book by Eve Bunting "That’s What Leprechauns Do!"
- Don’t have the book? No problem! YouTube links included
- Great book to purchase. Wonderful story with beautiful watercolor illustrations.
- Sequencing activity with color photos from the book.
- Compare/Contrast characters, setting, and other story elements with Graphic Organizers.
- Activities engaging enough to teach beyond St Patrick's Day and with other books children love
- Word Wall/Vocabulary Cards included.
- Students use the book and enclosed map to create word problems that foster higher order thinking skills
- Teach finding meaning with Context Clues
- Teach common core skill finding answers within a fiction text
- Work on Time Order and Sequence Words
- Comprehension Skills Practice/Review/Assessment
- Sort and Categorize words with Graphic Organizer Activities
- Word Work with Vocabulary, Unusual Words/Phrases, Idioms.
- Create Alternate Story Endings and 6 other Writing Activities.
- Giant Class Storybook Poster Project with Student Written Stories.
- Differentiate instruction with Alternate Questioning in Games
- Map Activities to go along with the book. Practice directions and other Basic Math Skills or apply the skills your students are currently working on
- Students learn to use and create a map legend
- Helpful Hints to work with struggling students
- Numerous Extension Ideas
- Ideas for individual, pairs, teams, small group, and whole group learning
- 28 pages in all that can be printed in color or black and white
- Use cardstock for vocabulary cards. Laminate for durability
- Blank cards included to apply your own vocabulary choices and other ideas
- Can be adjusted up or down in grade level
Use the YouTube book versions for Listening Comprehension or read the subtitles for additional reading practice.
- Book is Grade Level 3.4 and has an Accelerated Reader Quiz
- Multi Subject including Reading, Grammar, Math, Social Studies