Let us save you time this St. Patrick's Day! Our Grade Four and Grade Five (Year Five and Six) St. Patrick's Day-themed close reading passage (differentiated) will engage your students while reinforcing important reading skills - great reading comprehension activities for your guided reading program.
This resource would also be suitable for Grade 6 (Year Seven and Eight learners) as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
In this pack you will receive:
1. One text with an extended and scaffold version:
- The History of St. Patrick's Day
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the Common Core State Standards
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the Main Idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
3. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
4. Two 'Tips For Use' pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom
Find our full range of close reading comprehension resources here!
You May Also Like:
- St. Patrick's Day Close Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- St. Patrick's Day Mega Bundle - St. Patrick's Day Themed ELA Resources
- St. Patrick's Day Daily Writing Prompts - PowerPoint, Journal, Worksheets
- 12 St. Patrick's Day Public Speaking Topic Cards for Oral Presentations
- St. Patrick's Day Print and Go Activity Pack - 10 Engaging ELA Resources (US/NZ)
- 5 St. Patrick's Spelling Activity Task Cards and Print and Go Student Worksheets
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click on the green star to follow!
Stay in touch