If you need low prep St. Patrick’s day STEM or STEAM activities to use in your classroom then these St Patricks Day Stem challenges are for you!
5 fun & simple activities all St. Patrick’s Day themed and LOW PREP for your convenience!
Let your students’ imagination of Leprechauns soar as they try to catch a Leprechaun as a St. Patrick’s Day related stem activity! Students will go through the Engineering Design Process as they learn how to plan a trap for a sneaky leprechaun. Students will also measure the length and height of their leprechaun traps.
Help the Leprechaun catch some gold. Your students will design a tool that can pick up gold. Use some fake gold coins to test out their creations. This activity is sure to be a hit!
All aboard! The Leprechaun is transporting his gold across the sea and he needs your help! Your students will use the Engineering Design Process to build a boat that will hold gold coins. To add weight and test the structures, use pennies and other coins.
St Patrick’s Day is always full of rainbows. Your students will create a maze for a marble to travel through. Use Lego baseplates, cardboard, or blocks to create this maze. Students can even test out each other’s mazes.
This challenge adds the A for art! Your students will need to be creative & let their minds soar. Challenge them to turn a shamrock and four-leaf clover into something else! I love seeing the creativity and ideas!!!!
- St. Patrick’s Day Themed Google Slide Show - to display task cards, response sheets to model
- St. Patrick’s Day Task card printables - in small and large size
- St. Patrick’s Day Activity response sheet - different versions depending on your students' level
- Teacher directions for each stem challenge
- Student certificates & stickers of completion to wrap up a month of St. Patrick’s Day themed stem challenges!
- Photos of student-made samples of each of the St. Patty’s Day Stem Challenges so that you and your students can see examples of the leprechaun traps, examples of the various tools leprechauns can use to pick up gold, examples of the boats to hold the leprechaun’s gold, examples of finished rainbow mazes, and examples of shamrocks in disguise! These samples will spark so many creative ideas for you and your students.
WHO ARE THE ST. PATRICK’S DAY STEM CHALLENGES PERFECT FOR?
- Teachers who want to use these St. Patrick’s Day activities as a center or whole class activity.
- Teachers looking for easy set up that uses common classroom items and low copying
✶ Save 30% when you buy this bundle vs. individual activities!
✶You will receive 5 engaging STEM Challenges for your students to do all month long!
This activity includes a printable version AND Google Slides Presentation (works with Microsoft PowerPoint). This digital version:
- Can be used for digital use, centers, independent work in class
- Share a copy with students using Google Classroom or Teams
- Includes task cards, response sheets, timer
- Students can type on the response sheets about what they did
- St. Patrick’s Day STEM challenges that are easy to complete at home
- Use to display & model on your Smartboard at school too!
HOW I USE THIS AS A STEM TEACHER:
I teach 360 students each week in grades K through 4th, so I created these St. Patrick’s day stem activities to be able to easily set up, use reusable materials, and need low copying! I can adjust response sheets and challenges to meet each grade level. I need something quick and easy for me, yet engaging and challenging for my students! I hope your students enjoy these as much as mine do! :)
I'd love to hear your feedback :) When you review, you earn TPT credits for free purchases!
♥ I'd Love to connect with YOU! Click here to follow me on Instagram
As always, please contact me with any questions!