PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Each time I make one of these holiday science sets, I think, "Oh this one is my favorite." But I actually think this one is it. And it's mostly because of the cool thing that happens when you heat up a bar of green Irish Spring soap. (Or maybe the Lucky Charms challenge. That's fun, too!)
See the free PREVIEW above for a sample investigation. Included in the preview, you can see the teacher tips, student recording sheets, science explanation sheet, and lesson photos for anchor charts.
This pack, like the others, includes a week's worth of engaging, hands-on science investigations connected to the theme of St. Patrick's Day. If you don't want to plan one a day for the week, it's really fun to plan a whole "St. Patrick's Science Day" with your teaching team. Each teacher's room becomes a science lab and your classes rotate around, discovering something new in each room!
The science concepts in this pack include:
• energy, force, and motion
• the properties of matter and how heat can change matter
• using our five senses to make observations
• understanding terms like absorb, repel, and molecules
• sinking and floating, and carbon dioxide's role in helping solids float
• color mixing
• making predictions, following procedures, taking notes, recording data, analyzing results
Students also have the opportunity to practice math skills as they:
• measure amounts
• use scales to determine weight
• count objects
• add and subtract totals
• keep time
• compare numbers
The FIVE investigations in this set include:
• Irish Spring Surprise!
• Magic Rainbow Ring
• Dancing Gold
• Tasty Rainbow
• How Lucky Are the Charms?
The investigations come with:
• teacher directions and tips
• student recording sheets, black line copies
• a "How does that work?" explanation sheet
• anchor charts and photos to make the process concrete
If you'd like to see sample student sheets and pictures of the investigations, check my blog periodically. Soon, I'll be adding those posts so teachers can get a sense of the investigations in action.
BLOG LINK: Creating Readers and Writers Blog
Thank you for your interest in this item. Happy teaching! :)
Holiday Science SETS in this SERIES Include:
Or SAVE by purchasingA Bundle of Holiday Science (The Complete Set of Six).
Come CONNECT with Me!
My Teaching Blog:Creating Readers and Writers
My Pinterest Boards:Andrea Knight on Pinterest
My Facebook Page:Creating Readers and Writers on Facebook