I created these lesson materials for my Spanish classes as a way of recognizing St. Patrick's Day while staying in my content area and continuing to support reading. In this bundle your will find:
1. A Dia de San Patricio wordsearch that can be used as a bell ringer, warm-up, brain break, or as a reward.
2. A second word search that contains "lugares de interés en Irlanda". This printable also contains small, festive images in the right margin that students can color.
3. A paragraph-length, reading comprehension activity with discussion / assessment questions. I have two versions of this for differentiation. The first version offers the text and questions in Spanish only whereas the second provides the questions in English
Providing questions in English allows the teacher to check students' comprehension of the text in cases where students may have understood what they read, but did not fully understand what the questions were asking.
4. A second reading activity / vocabulary builder that uses the "Irish Foods" theme. This is great for classes who are studying food at this time.
5. A list of pre-qualified resources online to help you find additional information on the relationship between Mexico and Ireland.
6. A paragraph-length reading selection that describes St Patrick's Day celebrations in Ireland. This handout also includes a sudoku-like puzzle where students review key words from the reading (Fiesta, cultura, comida, desfiles, etc.)
I think that you will find these materials to be a valuable resource for your Spring lessons and an enjoyable way to celebrate a popular holiday.