Searching for Shamrocks Syllable Sort engages children as they search the classroom for colorful shamrocks containing 20 St. Patrick's Day vocabulary words.
Read and Write the Room is an inviting part of our literacy program. The kiddos love it, and it gives me a chance to individually assess mastery of Language skills.
Directions for use and Common Core Standards are included.
Directions for use:
1) Teachers print, laminate, and cut out the word cards.
2) Teachers print the recording sheets and place the word cards throughout the room for students to find.
3) Students search the room for Shamrock Syllable cards.
4) Once students locate the word cards, they read the words, count the syllables in the words, and write the words on the recording sheet according to the correct number of syllables in each word.
5) Students then read their words to the teacher.