Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.34 MB | 70 Slides pages
Differentiated resources to suitable all abilities for Pre-K, Kindergarten and Grade 1.
This product relates to counting and associated activities involving counting.
To set the scene read Slide 1, which introduces the leprechaun as one of the symbols of St. Patrick’s day.
As you play each slide 0 to 20 the children count aloud the numbers. The same amount of leprechauns appears on each slide.
It is a 70 slide PowerPoint presentation which includes the following:
• General counting 0 to 20.
• Counting leprechaun pictures
• Counting leprechauns and hats to find out ‘how many more?’
• Counting pots of gold and then saying which has more gold coins
• Differentiated missing numbers grids 1 to 10, 1 to 15, 1 to 30.
There are 4 activities for your students to complete.
1. Activity Sheet 1 (22 pages) [2 large pots of gold on each page) – Students read the number in the circle and then cut out that number of gold coins. They then tick which pot has more coins.
2. Activity Sheet 2 (22 Pages) – differentiated – the students only cut out the required number of coins to stick onto the leprechaun's pot of gold.
3. Count and color activity (3 pages) – More counting practice – there are too many counters in each table and so the students read the numeral in the green box and then color in the required number of coins.
4. Additional work for more able students - Missing Numbers and Words (2 pages) – Numbers 1 to 30
Students write in the missing numbers in the chart. When they have done this, they then write the numbers that are missing in words next to the shamrocks.
Suggested extension for Activity Sheet 1 (number range within 20)
• Once the students have completed a sheet, they can total up the coins on that sheet and record the answer in their workbook or on their whiteboard.
• More able students can write an addition number sentence for the two pots of gold.
File Type in zip file: Word format and PowerPoint Presentation
Thanks for stopping by and hope you find this product very useful.
- You can earn TpT credit points to use against future purchases of any TpT products by leaving feedback for your purchase.