St. Patrick Day Worksheet Pages (6)
1. Beginning Sound Review - This St. Patrick’s Day themed page lets students review beginning sound skills. Students will circle the beginning sound for a variety of St. Patrick day characters. Be sure and check out the Circle time group activity that features cute graphics in a St. Patrick Day Shamrock that you can complete with your student during group time. It focuses on sorting the beginning sounds of “r”, ”w”, “z”, “h”, “j”, “v”, “l”, “k”, “y” onto the correct shamrock. Check my store for this easy to make project.
2. St. Patrick’s Day Write the Room - Students will walk around the room during center time and find words printed on posters or other things in the room that contain words that begin with the first letter in the word “Leprechaun.”
3. St. Patrick Secret Names – Let your little detectives solve the secret code. Students write the beginning sound of the small pictures to figure out the St. Patrick Day item they are to draw.
4. St. Patrick Day Fun – Let your students solve the secret code. Students write the beginning sound of the small pictures to figure out the St. Patrick Day item they are to draw. Next students use that word in a creative sentence that they create.
5. St. Patrick’s Day Maze – Children follow along a maze as they navigate through the pot of gold from the leprechaun to the end where he can find some gold coins. A maze might just seem like a fun way to pass time, but they are actually a valuable learning tool for children. Mazes are a fun way to practice math skills like logic and problem-solving. It also helps to improve hand-eye coordination.
6. My Leprechaun - Encourage your students to show their creative sides as the write about their Leprechaun and what is going to happen on St. Patrick’s Day.
Activity Created by Barbara Kilkenny - http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Barbara-Kilkenny
Small Graphics used to enhance various pages were purchased from © Art Explosion 1995
If you like my creative worksheets pages please take the time to rate them and leave a nice comment. If you find any mistakes please contact me immediately and I will make efforts to correct any typos or other issues you have discovered.
Please check out the other worksheets, learning centers and circle time activities in my store: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Barbara-Kilkenny