St. Patrick's Day Syllable Sort is an engaging Write the Room activity that gives students practice counting syllables in words. Kids have fun as they search the classroom for colorful cards containing 20 St. Patrick's Day-themed vocabulary words. Perfect for holiday-themed reading centers and a great way to individually assess mastery of Language skills!
- 20 St. Patrick's Day-themed Cards
- Recording Sheet
- Directions for use
- Common Core Standards
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING!
"Fun activity for St. Patrick's Day and perfect to review some skills before testing in a few weeks."
"I am so excited to use this tomorrow. It will be a great way for us to review counting and dividing syllables! Thank you!"
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Teachers print, laminate, and cut out the word cards.
- Teachers print the recording sheets and place the word cards throughout the room for students to find.
- Students search the room for Shamrock Syllable cards.
- Once students locate the word cards, they read the words, count the syllables in the words, and write the words on the recording sheet according to the correct number of syllables in each word.
- Students then read their words to the teacher.
WANT MORE ST. PATRICK'S DAY ACTIVITIES?
Don't forget to leave feedback and earn credits toward FREE TPT purchases.
I appreciate your feedback so much and read every single one!
Want to be notified when new products are posted? Hit the FOLLOW Button above!
New products are 50% off the first 24 hours they are posted.
Please let me know if you have any questions about my products!
I hope you and your kiddos love this pack!!
Thanks so much!