Also included in
- These secret student writing activities are a fun and engaging way to help your students build their writing skills. The secret student writing prompts also promote kindness and build classroom community while celebrating the holidays and seasons all year round. Each month introduces a new activity$42.00$54.00Save $12.00
Your students will love this St. Patrick's Day secret student writing unit for the month of March! The unit includes fun St. Patrick's Day writing prompts for students to write to each other as their secret "Sneaky Leprechaun". The students will love sending the letters to each other and doing kind things for their secret classmate. This editable St. Patrick's Day activity not only includes writing, but it is also a classroom community building and service learning unit.
You can get the Sneaky Leprechaun writing activity along with ALL of the other Secret Student Writing activities for the whole year at a steep discount!
The unit is introduced with the original story "The Sneaky Leprechaun." Then, they will draw their assigned classmate, who they will be writing to for the duration of the unit. The students will have 10 writing prompts to write letters as a Sneaky Leprechaun. They will also have 4 accountability writing prompts in which they report their acts of service to their teacher. At the end of the unit, the students reveal who they are with a fun activity!
Best of all? This unit includes lots of EDITABLE sections! You will type your students' names only one time, and they will auto-populate as needed throughout the unit.
➡️PLEASE REVIEW THE DETAILED PREVIEW FILE WHICH WILL GIVE YOU A PEEK INSIDE EVERYTHING INCLUDED!⬅️
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE SAINT PATRICK'S DAY WRITING UNIT?
- Teacher Information & Preparation: All the unit information and preparation is clearly laid out- so you know exactly what you need to do!
- Sneaky Leprechaun Intro Lesson Plan and Original Story: This lesson plan is a fun way to introduce the unit using the original story. This will lead into the students becoming a "Sneaky Leprechaun" just like the main character in the story. Depending on your student's age and ability, you may read the story aloud to them or print the story and have them read it as a reading passage.
- Writing Prompt Info: This page clearly lays out the two types of writing prompts: Sneaky Leprechaun writing prompts and Report to Teacher Writing Prompts.
- The Big Reveal Activity Lesson Plan: This reveal activity is a huge hit! The students will have a lot of fun guessing who their Sneaky Leprechaun is with this social activity.
- EDITABLE Student Name Cards: Add your students' names to the student name cards so they are ready for the students to draw a name to become a Sneaky Leprechaun.
- FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, you only need to type your students' names into the document ONE TIME, and they will auto-populate onto the Recording Sheets AND the Reveal Cards! No need to type them out three times. Pretty cool, right? Color and black and white included!
- EDITABLE Sneaky Leprechaun Recording Sheet: This adorable recording sheet is for you, as the teacher! This helps you keep track as you deliver the letters. It is also inevitable that students will forget who they were assigned to, so it's great to have your list handy. You can type the assigned classmate's name, or print out the form and write them as the students draw names. Color and black and white included!
- EDITABLE Parent Letter: This letter is ready to go- all that is left to do is add the date and your name. You may edit the contents of the letter as well, if you'd like.
- Sneaky Leprechaun Writing Prompts #1-#10: These prompts are what students will use to write their letters to their assigned classmate. There are 10 pre-made prompts included.
- Full-color versions of the writing prompts are included for you to display using a SMARTBoard, Projector, etc. This makes it easy for students to see the prompts at all times. If you prefer, black and white versions to print out are also included.
- EDITABLE Sneaky Leprechaun Writing Prompts: 6 editable pages for you to create your own!
- Report To Teacher Prompts #1-#4 PLUS 2 Editable Templates: The second kind of writing prompt the students will get are the "Report to Teacher" prompts. These keep the students accountable for looking after their assigned classmate as a Sneaky Leprechaun. They also help you to see how the students are helping each other! (Example: "What is one kind thing you have done for your classmate this week as their Sneaky Leprechaun?")
- There are four of these prompts pre-written and two editable templates for you to add your own! Full color versions for projecting or black and white for printing are both included.
- Just like the other prompts, there are display versions and handout versions included.
- Sneaky Leprechaun Student Writing Pages- MULTIPLE VERSIONS! These will be used for the Sneaky Leprechaun writing prompts. There are three versions included. Two lined with different spacing, and one with half for writing/half for illustrating. Choose the one that works best for your grade level!
- Report to Teacher Student Writing Pages- MULTIPLE VERSIONS! These will be used for the Report to Teacher writing prompts. There are three versions included. Two lined with different spacing, and one with half for writing/half for illustrating. Choose the one that works best for your grade level!
- EDITABLE Sneaky Leprechaun Reveal Cards: The student's names will automatically show up on these reveal cards to reflect what was typed into the initial student name cards, so they are ready to print! Just print them and cut them, and they are ready for the final reveal activity.
- Student "Thank You" Writing Pages: After the final reveal activity is complete, have the students write a thank you letter to the student who was their Sneaky Leprechaun.
You can get the Sneaky Leprechaun writing along with ALL of the other Secret Student Writing activities for the whole year at a steep discount!
Useful Resources for St. Patrick's Day:
- St. Patrick's Day Candy Math Activities (Available K-5!)
- March Sub Plans (Available K-5!)
- Candy Math & More Full Year Bundles for K-5
- Riding Rainbows board games
- BEST SELLER! Editable Sub Binder
- BEST SELLER! Ready To Go Sub Plans (Pre-K through 6th grades!)
Similar Resources for Other Holidays:
- Halloween Boo Writing Unit
- Thankful Turkeys Writing Unit
- Secret Santa Writing Unit
- Friendly Snowman Writing Unit
- Secret Valentine Writing Unit
- Some-BUNNY Is Watching Out For You Writing Unit
WANT MORE FREEBIES & TEACHING TIPS?
Click on the green star by my store name to become a follower! You will be notified when I upload new products, freebies, and have sales! You can also sign up for my free resource library to get access to ALL of my freebies as well as lots of free teaching ideas at www.WifeTeacherMommy.com
HAVE A QUESTION OR CONCERN ABOUT THIS PRODUCT?
Please email me before leaving feedback and I'll try my best to help you out! You can email me at email@example.com.