This is a fun, hands-on lesson for teaching or reviewing picture and bar graphs! Aligned to CCSS 2.MD.10.
Students will sort, tally, create bar and picture graphs, and analyze data--all using a bag of Lucky Charms!
What You Get:
~ Graphing Sheets for Picture and Bar Graphs
~ Activity Worksheets (4): tally sheet, data analysis questions, comparing graphs with a buddy questions, and write your own questions & answer or trade with a buddy
Directions for use:
1. Give each student a copy of pages 3-8 and a baggie of Lucky Charms.
2. First, students sort their Lucky Charms. They tally and total how many of each on pg. 5 and come up with a picture to use for their picture graphs and a color to use for their bar graphs. Have students fill in the scale as 1.
3. Next, students graph their data onto the graphs on pages 3 and 4. Page 3 is for the bar graph and page 4 is for the picture graph.
4. Students analyze their data by answering questions about their graphs on pg. 6.
5. Students compare their graphs with a buddy on pg. 7.
6. Lastly, students write 2 questions of their own that can be answered using their graphs on pg. 8. Teacher may wish to have students answer their own questions or have them switch with a buddy to answer.
What You'll Need:
~ 1 baggie of Lucky Charms for each student
Enjoy and please leave feedback! :)